1) SKOBBLER assures that the acquisition, processing and usage of personal data will be handled strictly in accordance with all data protection legislation, in particular the German Data Protection Act (BDSG), the German Telecommunications Act (TKG), the German Telemedia Act (TMG) and the German Interstate Treaty on Broadcasting (RStV).
2) The user is aware that SKOBBLER can only provide enhanced services if the user grants authorization for it to store and process personal data in a way that allows the information provided by the user to be assigned to their own user profile. The user has agreed to this electronically by concluding this contract. This agreement has been recorded.
3) This agreement can be terminated at any time without specifying reasons by contacting SKOBBLER in writing at
Luisenstr. 41, 10117 Berlin, Germany
or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of revocation, SKOBBLER will no longer provide the extended services to the user.
4) Any available location data can be used for providing MapDust platform services. In this connection, data may be disclosed to SKOBBLER's partners. Anonymous location data can also be used by SKOBBLER to store, display, process and pass on to third parties circumstantial information for the purpose of map improvement and other related purposes..
In any case, user data and position data will only be passed on to third parties if this is required for legal reasons or if these third parties perform services or actions on behalf of and for SKOBBLER, such as the operation of the skobbler platform on third-party servers.
5) SKOBBLER can use automatic communication systems such as e-mail for the purpose of providing information on the MapDust platform. The scope of this information is limited to issues such as support, including technical advice and other information on the extent of the service used, any enhancement options and other matters relating to the operation of the MapDust platform.
6) After registration of the user, SKOBBLER uses so-called cookies which identify the user for the duration of his visit to the platform and allow him to be recognised when he revisits the platform in the future. A cookie of this type is saved on the user’s computer. The user can change the settings on his computer to remove such cookies or enable usage of the platform without cookies.
7) SKOBBLER is entitled to change these data protection terms within the limits of the statutory data protection legislation. SKOBBLER will announce any changes to this declaration. The user has the opportunity to reject any changes in writing, whereby an e-mail is sufficient. In these cases SKOBBLER may cancel the provision of services for the user.
8) SKOBBLER examines user behavior to ensure that service provision is in line with user needs, and where necessary will also use the information provided by the user. This examination will be carried out exclusively using a procedure working with anonymized data so that no personal data is forwarded.
9) Provided the user has agreed to this during the registration process or at a later stage, SKOBBLER may send a newsletter to the user during the period of the agreement containing information relating for example to the topics of support, technical information and other information about the scope of the utilised services, possible upgrade options and other information relating to the operation of the MapDust platform. A corresponding link is provided in every newsletter which allows the user to cancel the newsletter at any time.
This version of the document has been translated from the original version in German. The German version remains legally binding.